Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life>School

Before this school year I was totally convinced that grades were the most important thing in my life. Even when I was little my parents would always say, "Sarah, your job is to get good grades. That's it." It stuck in my head reaaaallll good. This year, having all advanced and AP classes, the stress level to get good grades has been ridiculous. There was a point that I realized that the work for school was becoming my life, which was completely not okay with me. Don't get me wrong, grades are important for college, but making them your life is just a waste. Your missing out on the rest of the world and what it has to offer. You can make it without having a 4.0, promise. Being a huge success with money and awards is fine and dandy, but if you don't have a life to look back on, none of it is worth it. There is a line to be drawn I guess. Time to take it easy and not struggle every second, its just too exhausting. I am finishing this school year strong, but next year screw freaking out over school, I'm gonna do things my way, so that when I'm older, I'll have memories to look back on instead of textbooks. 



CARPE DIEM

No comments:

Post a Comment